Monday, April 24, 2017

travel diaries: the little black dress for spring!

I wore a ton of dresses while we were in Hawaii recently, and I think that is probably the way it's going to go with my outfits as the spring continues to warm up. I've currently got a really good stash of dresses that I love and that are easy to style - and that really is key.  (If you want to shop some more easy day dresses for spring/summer - check out this post)

While a little black dress doesn't exactly seem like the 'perfect' dress for spring at first glance, I am sold. Here I wore it with a scarf and wedges (this is a similar pair) for dinner.  But I also think it would be super cute with a trench coat and rain boots, sneakers and a denim jacket - or even paired with a white blazer and black pumps for a casual day in the office.  This exact one is sold out, but I found three that are so super similar you won't even be able to tell the difference (plain, with ruffles or with bows on the sleeves - so cute!). I am a sucker for a dress with sleeves so all three of those have sleeves.

Plus you can't argue that a little black dress is just so dang flattering... who can tell if you had one too many Mai Tai's or shaved ice on vacation when you wear a slimming black dress? Nobody.  Yes, please. And thank you.

Just looking at this pictures has me missing the Big Island in Hawaii so, so terribly bad. But the good news is the trees and grass are finally green again here in Michigan and the flowers are blooming too! So you can't beat that!










Outfit Details
Dress (similar, similar or similar)
Bag (similar, similar - only $35!, or this one is GORGEOUS!)
Wedges (similar, similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.